Our Audit Committee is currently composed of two members: John Sano and Matthew C. Los. Our Board of Directors determined that each member of the Audit Committee meets the independence criteria prescribed by applicable regulation and the rules of the SEC for audit committee membership. Each Audit Committee member also meets NASDAQ’s financial literacy requirements. Matthew C. Los serves as Chair of the Audit Committee.
Our Board of Directors has determined that Matthew C. Los is the “audit committee financial expert” as such term is defined in Item 407(d) of Regulation S-K promulgated by the SEC and also meets NASDAQ’s financial sophistication requirements.
The Audit Committee oversees our accounting and financial reporting processes and the audits of the financial statements of our Company. The Audit Committee is responsible for, among other things:
· the appointment, compensation, retention and oversight of the work of the independent auditor;
· reviewing and pre-approving all auditing services and permissible non-audit services (including the fees and terms thereof) to be performed by the independent auditor;
· reviewing and approving all proposed related-party transactions;
· discussing the interim and annual financial statements with management and our independent auditors;
· reviewing and discussing with management and the independent auditor (a) the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s internal controls, (b) the Company’s internal audit procedures, and (c) the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s disclosure controls and procedures, and management reports thereon;
· reviewing reported violations of the Company’s code of conduct and business ethics; and
· reviewing and discussing with management and the independent auditor various topics and events that may have significant financial impact on the Company or that are the subject of discussions between management and the independent auditors.
CODE OF ETHICS
On October 25, 2014, our Audit Committee adopted a Code of Ethics that applies to all of the directors, officers and employees of the Company and its subsidiaries, including our principal executive officer, principal financial officer and principal accounting officer. The Code of Ethics addresses, among other things, honesty and ethical conduct, conflicts of interest, compliance with laws, regulations and policies, including disclosure requirements under the federal securities laws, confidentiality, trading on inside information, and reporting of violations of the code.